The five Major benefits of GST by Tally.
- Elimination of Cascading Effect of Taxes – GST subsumes most of the indirect taxes being levied across the country, thus eliminating the “tax on tax” effect which has been plaguing the supply chain and increasing costs for the end user.
- Seamless flow of Input Tax Credit – The seamless availability of Input Tax Credit will actually encourage suppliers to pay taxes, bringing down the tax evasion level as well as that of tax corruption
- Common Market – GST will effectively dissolve state boundaries, as the same tax rate prevails across the entire country. Also the removal of Central Sales Tax (levied earlier on inter-state sales) and the removal of VAT (different in different states) will mean that the entire country will become a level playing ground for all businesses.
- Better Days for Under Developed States – GST being a consumption based, destination based tax, it will provide a huge boost to consumption heavy states, who can now utilize the revenue jump to focus on industrialization and manufacturing.ill not be required to use HSN codes
- Technology led Law – GST has been designed in such a manner than compliance will now become largely based on technology. The reduction of human intervention will make the process much more transparent, corruption-free and efficient.
Sources : tally Solutions – Wiki